Yay, more bling for Alice! The first award is from Sunny with a Chance of Armaggedon, which is one of the best blog names ever. She gave it to me a while ago, and I admired it but kept forgetting to put it up and do the proper thank you and frack how many other thank yous have I forgotten? I bet some of the people at my last baby shower (8 years ago) are pretty pissed. Where was I? Oh, yes.
AWARD NUMBER ONE
There are always questions. Must I talk about me again? Oh, very well, le sigh dramatically.
1) What is your favorite color? Pink. Pale pink, not hot pink or bubblegum. Real pink. Like you use in baby rooms. Normal baby rooms. Not baby rooms done up in a montage of Ronald Reagan photos. Unless you like that sort of thing (your baby is weirded out enough to register Democrat, though.)
2) What is your favorite animal? Penguins. Hilariously goofy little birds. There are, like, 19 kinds of penguins. I blame Thing Two.
3) What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? I have a love affair with Coca-Cola. We go way back. Dr. Pepper is my second choice, like when your other crush is busy and you need a date. Wouldn’t you like to be a pepper, too?
4) Facebook or Twitter? Facebook because I actually understand it and how the heck am I supposed to fit my posts into that few words cause I can go on for . . .
6) Do you prefer getting or giving presents? Presents, presents, presents. BLING! I like! Although I do love to give to those I love, especially if I know what they really like. I do not like giving to those I don’t know or like much. It’s awkward. Not that, uh, there’s anyone that fits that category.
7) Favorite number? Eleventy-billion!
8) Favorite day of the week? Saturday. No work. Sleep in. All good. What other day is there? I would love to see the one who says “Monday” then gets totally clobbered.
9) Favorite flower? White rose, although I also like carnations because they don’t freaking die so fast.
10) What is your passion? Blogging, music, writing, reading, teaching my kids to snark, politics (certified Yellow Dog Democrat. Republicans: Please don’t shoot. :D)
Everybody! Except Le Clown. Sara must take one (even if she has it already) and rub it in his face.
AWARD NUMBER TWO
The second award is from reflectionsonlifethusfar. This is the first time I’ve heard of this award, and it sounds pretty cool. You nominate bloggers and stuff, but drat it all now I have to talk about ME ME ME some more and I’m just such a shy violet. What. What???
The Top 5 Books I’ve Read:
(You’ll notice that 3 of these are not only series, but YA series. Whatevs.
- The Prydain series by Lloyd Alexander
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan
- The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins
- All humor books by Dave Barry (my hero)
- Marriage Confidential by Pamela Haag
I know there are other books out there I’ve read (some might even be for adults) that are really great, but I have brain dumbs and can’t think of them now. Please tell me yours! I like hearing about what
disturbing interesting things people enjoy reading.
Books I’m Currently Reading:
- 50 Shades Freed (not a real book) by E.L. Freakin’ James
- The Seneca Scourge (a real book!) by Carrie Rubin
Once again, I can’t choose, and not just because I’m lazy. There are too many! And this is unreal because I’m saying there are too many bloggers I know that can read! Sadly, this means once again I have to leave out Le Clown. But Le Eric can feel free to take one. See? I am the nicest.
Thank you all!